Friday, November 11, 2011

A Favorite Reading Spot

I love to go to read on the beach. On windy days, I go to one spot in particular, where I can sit on a bench under a gazebo, listen to the waves, and watch the kite surfers. They're like big, colorful birds swooping through the sky. It's a perfect reading backdrop - although sometimes the scenery is better than the book, which can be distracting!


Kite Surfers from MJ on Vimeo. video description: Several kite surfers out on the waves.

Do you have a favorite spot to read? 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

my back garden in summer with a drink ,all the best stu

MJ said...

@Stu: That sounds lovely! I'm always envious of those with gardens.

Savvyworkinggal said...

One of my favorite reading memories is reading Margaret Atwood's Blind Assassin under a palm tree on the beach in St. John's.

Now my favorite reading spot is sitting in my back yard next to my perennial garden on a gorgeous Sunday afternoon.